"One should not desire to be a leader just to be a leader, but rather for the sake of doing the
things that great leaders do to help others."
- Judge Tonya Parker
Judge Parker has been honored for her service in the legal profession, both as an attorney and as a judge, and recognized widely for her contributions to the community as a mentor, volunteer and community leader.
- Dallas Women Foundation Maura Women Helping Women Award (2017)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law Distinguished Alumni Award for Judicial Service (2017)
- Stonewall Award, American Bar Association’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Commission (2017)
- Elected Official of the Year, Dallas County Democratic Party (2016)
- Trial Judge of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Dallas Chapter (2015)
- Distinguished Jurist Award, State Bar of Texas African America Lawyers Section (2015)
- L.A. Bedford Distinguished Jurist Award, J.L. Turner Legal Association (2013)
- Harryette Ehrhardt Distinguished Democrat Award, Stonewall Democrats of Dallas (2012)
- Profiles in Leadership Award, Southern Methodist University Women’s Symposium (2013)
- Charlye O. Farris Award for Professionalism and Service, Dallas Association of Black Women Attorneys (2012)
- Honorable Sam A. Lindsay Award for Professionalism and Ethics from the J.L. Turner Legal Association (2011)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE (2010, 2009, 2008 and 2006)
- Outstanding Mentor Award, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2010)
- Outstanding Mentor Award, J.L. Turner Legal Association (2010)
- President’s Award, J.L. Turner Legal Association (2007, 2004 and 2003)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of Dallas Award, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2006)
- American Marshall Memorial Fellow with the German Marshall Fund of the United States. Program designed to promote transatlantic relations and expose America’s emerging leaders to social, political, and economic systems of various European nations. Month long Tour included meetings with business and political leaders in Brussels, Belgium; Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany; Thessaloniki, Greece; and Bratislava, Slovakia (October 2005).
- Award of Excellence, Dallas Bar Association (2004)
- Outstanding Minority Bar Leader Award, Dallas Bar Association (2002)